Date 7th May 2018.
Our website is owned and maintained by Standish Engineering Company Ltd. (SEC Ltd.)
Tel. 01257 422838
Fax. 01257 422381
If you visit websites via these links you are advised to read their own privacy policies.
What information do we collect, and when?
1. When you set up an account and start trading with us, we will collect the following details to enable us to fulfil orders, collect payment and meet our HMRC due diligence requirements:
- The company name (& trading name if different)
- The name of the person in charge of ordering
- An email address to communicate with the person in charge of ordering, either personal or professional
- Mobile or business phone numbers
- Delivery address
- Registered company number
- VAT number
- Bank details
- The name, telephone number, address and email address of accounts payable
2. When you contact us via email/ phone or speak directly with the sales/ engineering team about our products or services:
- If you are a private individual once we have dealt with your request we will not retain your details in a database.
- If you are a business that we intend to trade with, we will retain details of your enquiry, the name of the business, your name and contact details.
3. When you visit our website:
- We don’t analyse or make use of any data which is created when you visit our website, except if you sign up to a mailing list in which case your name and contact details will be taken.
4. When we are looking for new customers:
- We may use your company website, social media or online news sources to find out general details about the business, the best person to contact and their contact details
- We may call the business directly to ask for the best person to contact and their contact details
5. Telephone calls:
- We NEVER record phone calls
How will we use & store your information
- If you are a customer, your company delivery details and sales history is kept in our sales system which is password protected. No other sensitive details are stored on the company computer, supplier bank details are only accessible through our online banking service.
- Our office computers are only accessible by a limited number of staff members, and are password protected.
We will always process your personal information on lawful grounds and in particular on the grounds set out below:
- Performance of a Contract/ Service – if we supply goods or services to you, or receive goods or services from you, we need to be able to contact you and to record any work performed for invoicing purposes. This information is likely to include your name, contact details and payment details, information about your business and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific requirements.
- Legitimate Interest – on the basis that it is in our legitimate interest to do so, we may use your name and contact details to tell you about our own products and services which we think may be of interest to you. You can ask us to stop doing so at any time.
- Consent - we may ask your consent to share your name and contact details with a selected third party for the purposes of, for example conducting a credit check, or to deliver products to you via a delivery service other than our own. You can withdraw your consent at any time. We will never sell or give your details to any other company unless you have expressly requested us to do so, for example (but not limited to) other engineering companies who can process work we cannot do ourselves.
- Legal Obligation - we may also disclose your personal data without your permission to the extent that we are required to do so by law or regulation.
It’s your right to find out if we hold information about you and what it consists of, see a copy of it, update it, delete it, or request changes to communication for example email marketing.
If you would like to change any of your preferences relating to the way in which we may use your information then please send an email to email@example.com, contact us at 01257 422838.
You can contact us directly if you have any questions about our privacy notice or information we hold about you, by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have a high profile customer base for whom we specialise in the production of parts in the following industries: